Monday, April 12, 2010

Tim Holtz + Gingerbread Girl (Joyce) = Great Happy Birthday Surprise!

I had to share my excitement and thankfulness.. ok... I can't get through ANY scrappy project without using a Tim Holtz product so you'll understand why I'm so giddy:

First, Thank You Joyce ~ your thoughtfulness overwhelms me!! Joyce @ the mysugarplumcottage.blogspot.com sent me a birthday present in the mail today! Thank you a million times over.. holy SMOKES!!

I'm giddy because this is 'The BOOK" of the year and I have a copy of it in MY little scrappy hands!! TA-HEEE...


AND... it gets BETTER!! Mr. Tim Holtz, the Artistic Rock Star that he is... sent me his latest book "A Compendium of Curiosities" signed with a pretty cool birthday wish!

I love how he signed it ".... 'be CURIOUS...' with a grin --Tim Holtz 2010"!!!

That little message right there was a inspiring gift in itself (in addition to his fabulous book) because being curious is my little key that guides me to try new things without hoopla constraints!


**********************************

So, here's my quick book report because I'm just so feeling the need to write a book report on MY BIRTHDAY??!! Uh... YEAH, if Tim Holtz is involved:

Date: 12 Apr 2010
Title: A Compendium of Curiosities
Author: Tim Holtz

Front Cover: GREAT title because he's so right... His book is loaded with a "full list or inventory" of the CURIOSITIES of OUR Scrappy World! :)

Inside Pages: HOLY SMOKES ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! LOVE IT! If you haven't picked up your copy of his book...You gotta get it! It's loaded with pictures of amazing projects, must-try techniques and awesome detailed instructions! Thank you Tim for a guide to all fabulous techniques!!

Back Cover: I haven't got that far.. I'm still eyeballing the heck outta each page, each detail....THIS IS A MUST HAVE BOOK! ;)

Joyce ~ Again, thank you soo much.. you've touched my creative scrappy happy heart!


{and please forgive me... 2 quick giddy-dorky photos with my new bedtime story book..lol}



Now.. off to dream land ... and may your scrappy dreams be filled with "techniques that have endless possibilities"!

with a grin,
steffogal1


**** Challenge/Giveaway Post tomorrow! :) *****

6 comments:

  1. what a wonderful, sweet birthday gift from joyce! happy birthday, steff :)! such a cool message from tim!! can't wait to see what you create next! thanks for sharing! take care. *hugs* and much aloha, steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I went straight to check out the book in Amazon but can't find it, where can I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOSH MAN ANT IT GOOD 2 HAVE GREAT FRIEDS WHO THINK THE WORLD OF U. JOYCE U R A BOMB.
    BOTH U GIRLZ HAVE BEEN MY INSPIRATION, THANK U AND LOVE YOU 4 SHARING YOUR LOVE 4 SCRAPPIN. I HAVE MISSED U BOTH, SO AWESOME U ARE BOTH BAC. HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEFF, AND AROHA 2 JOYCE FOR ALWAYS BEING HER AWESOME SELF.
    LOVE U BOTH
    KIA KAHA
    :-) XXXxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAaaaaaahhh! What a great birthday gift and for Tim to sign it "with a grin". AMAZING! You have such a sweet friend in Joyce! Happy Birthday Steff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! That would give me sweet dreams...you lucky lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been on the receiving end of Joyce's kindness before...she is ONE OF A KIND. Kudos to her, to you and to Tim - this is one kick arse birthday gift! (Which couldn't have gone to anyone nicer).

    ReplyDelete