Friday, September 28, 2012

Beautiful Whisper Mini Album *Prima Romance Novel Collection*


Hi everyone, I'm excited to share a fun, easy and gorgeous mini album called "Beautiful Whisper" using the Romance Novel Collection! 

When I seen the new Prima Romance Novel collection I had one of those *gasp-love-it-gotta-create-with-it* moments! Let me explain. Making mini albums is one of my favorite projects to do and this collection was beautifully designed just for that - creating mini albums (Thank You Marion)!  The papers/prints are amazing gorgeous but I got crazy excited to see all those printed tags, pockets for cut out, journaling cards.. yikes! I swear I just wanted to get those prints in my hands and start cutting out all that happiness! So, I did. 

If you've never created a mini album before... I have to tell you, this is the perfect collection to use to make one! With all the fun journaling notes, cards, pockets, etc. this is an easy mini to put together! 

Here's some simple steps I use when creating mini's:

- Get a chipboard mini album that will fit the size of photos you'll be using. 
- Gather beautiful prints you love and coordinating embellishments: metal trinkets, FLOWERS (all sizes), wooden buttons/tickets, ribbon, more flowers, etc.
- Gather tools: sharp exacto, scissors, Beacon Adhesive, crop-a-dile, cutting mat, inks, paper trimmer, border punches, etc. 
- Next, GET BUSY! Grab a print and put it down on the chipboard page. Do you like how it looks? If so, glue down and trim edges. Do this for all the pages. 
- After all the pages are covered, I then go back to the first page and start embellishing. Lay tags, trinkets, flowers down - place embellishments so its pleasing to your eye (contrast is good!) Now, glue it! Tip: scrap in a triangular design - it is pleasing to the eye! 
- But the MOST important thing to remember: There's no right or wrong way to scrap! Enjoy the process, relax and have fun with it! You'll see.. in no time you'll look up at the clock and 3 hrs have past!
- Lastly, YOU CAN DO IT! But I have to tell you.. you'll become addicted to making mini albums! :)

Here's some photo's of the mini album I created. The pages are simply put together with a little layering here and there. I used the coordinating Romance Novel embellishments along with all those beautiful images (journaling cards, pockets and tags)! 














 Products used:


Optional:

Other: black ribbon, Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive, binding rings, top note chipboard album

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed seeing the scrappy magic that can be created with the Romance Novel collection! Email me at steffogal1@gmail.com if you have any comments or questions!!





11 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning...I love the collection you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I have the Romance collection and a mini put aside to start..what perfect timing! Your so creative and the inspiration is endless! Hope your having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another lovely album..I have this paper and the wooden buttons so thanks for the tip with the ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Realmente precioso. Me encanta. Mucha gracias por compartirlo eres muy generosa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. As soon as I saw this post, I knew it was time to pull out my supplies and get to crafting! Thanks - it's good to see your artwork again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have motivated me with this gorgeous album. My neighborhood scrapbooking store will have this in stock soon....and now I know what to do with it besides a 12X12 layout. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Suzanne H
    SW Florida

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always, Steff. You are a wonderful inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did u get the top note book from bluescrapping.com?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful album and paper line. I am running to the store right now to buy that paper collection. Thanks for inspiring us and for your great creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow This is beautiful!!!!!Thanks for the inspiration!! Greetings Margo from the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have ordered this collection this week:) And it's here now. Great mini, love all the details and pockets! Beautiful work.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete