Friday, November 30, 2012

"2012 Memory Book" featuring Prima's Firefly Collection


Hi everyone, I'm excited to share a fun and easy to create book called "Memories" using Prima's Mixed Media Album along with the gorgeous Firefly Collection! 

With the new year just around the corner, it's time for me to record my favorite memories of 2012! For this year's memory book I decided to use Prima's Mixed Media Album kit! The album kit is filled with all types of different creative opportunity sheets (resist canvas, watercolor, plain canvas, clear plastic, tags, and lots of double sided sheets)! Exciting and perfect for this project! 

I wanted to keep this book simple and included only a few special photos from the year and lightly embellish the pages with my favorite - flowers!  There plenty of room for writing and the colors of the album kit coordinate beautifully with the Firefly Collection. I'm thrilled with how this Memory book turned out - I can't wait to write down all my words, thoughts and fun memories from 2012.

Here's some simple steps on creating a memory book:

1) Gather your supplies: Mixed Media Album, some of your favorite photos from 2012, coordinating flowers/embellishments, glue, scissors and then get started!


2) Embellish your cover and add your title. Place your embellishments down, move them around and when its pleasing to your eye, GLUE IT down! Remember just have fun creating!

 

3) For inside pages, let the pre-printed album pages do the work for you! Just add your photos with embellishments and leave plenty of space for your writing skills! 


That's it! Enjoy this easy to create project!

Here's a couple of extra photo's of the 2012 Memory Book I created. 




I love how simple and fast this project was to create! Keeping the inside pages simple yet filled with Prima flowers and incorporating Firefly patterned paper enables me lots of fun writing opportunities that will turn this book into a special keepsake!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed seeing the scrappy magic that can be created with the Firefly collection! Email me at steffogal1@gmail.com if you have any comments or questions!!





4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! I love all your books!! You make everything look so easy..I really like how you break everything down. You are my most favorite person to watch on YouTube!! :)
    *Becky*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the book. It is so fun to have a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the canvas cover!!! And the simple technique of folding over the corner and holding it with an eyelet is brilliant - it hints at all the treasures inside. As usual your book is lovely and the Prima butterflys - make me want to create a spring album in January. My granddaughter's name, means "Princess of the Valley of Butterflies" so I
    I'm always hunting for new butterflies and butterfly ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Stephanie...I love that you showed family photos with your memory book. Now I know how you actually add them onto the completed pages. LOVE your work...have a wonderful evening...hugs...gayle

    ReplyDelete